Normally Ships Within 1-2 Days.
The appeal of the RV lifestyle is undeniable. Increasing numbers of us are venturing into it each year and the vast majority of us who drive Motorhomes, also tow a car as we travel. The fact is the brakes on your Motorhome were designed to stop the coach and its contents...but not the added weight of a towed vehicle. When you tow, the weight of your vehicle significantly increases your stopping distance. And this increases the risk of an accident. That is why most states and provinces across North America have passed laws that require you to have a supplemental braking system.
BrakeBuddy is dedicated to towing safety by providing you the best and easiest-to-use supplementary braking system. This system is extremely simple to install, easy to use and meets the legally required supplementary braking requirements mandated by many state laws. Don't subject yourself to a potentially large liability claim simply because you did not comply with legal requirements. Note that:
- No connections to your motor home are required.
- Requires no alterations to your hydraulic lines.
- Can easily be transferred between vehicles.
This product also includes a 3-year limited warranty on parts and labor, with an additional 2-year extended warranty available from the manufacturer.
How it works:
Place the BrakeBuddy on the floorboard of the driver-side seat of the towed vehicle and attach the clevis assembly to the towed vehicle's brake pedal.
Adjust the seat forward until it contacts the BrakeBuddy, Plug the BrakeBuddy into the towed vehicle's 12 volt lighter receptacle.
- Size: 9" x 11" x 14"
- Construction: ABS Polycarbonate
- Weight: 12 pounds
- Power Required: 12 volts, 8 amps
Why do I need a BrakeBuddy braking system?
- As the Motor home Industry continues to grow, there are many people deciding to tow vehicles. The weight of the towed vehicle easily becomes "dead weight" and will push as you try to slow or stop. In many cases, the towed vehicle can put so much stress on the motor coach's brakes that they may fade or completely fail. A towed vehicle will also greatly increase the the distance it takes you to stop. The BrakeBuddy will take the entire weight of the towed vehicle off the motor coach's overburdened brakes. With towing laws now enforced throughout the U.S. and Canada, don't get caught without the BrakeBuddy.
Will this system ride the brakes down steep grades?
- No. The BrakeBuddy will apply the brakes in the towed vehicle only when you apply the brakes in the motor coach. Downshifting or using exhaust brakes will not affect this system.
Will the BrakeBuddy wear down my battery?
- You may tow up to 4 days without having to worry about the battery in the towed vehicle, depending on the driving terrain and traffic situations.
Is the BrakeBuddy a proportional system?
- The BrakeBuddy is designed for on/off applications taking the entire weight of the towed vehicle off your motor home every time it activates. This gives you a smooth braking feeling at any speed, and greatly improves your stopping capabilities. The BrakeBuddy absolutely will not wear the brakes anymore than normal usage.
How does the BrakeBuddy interact with my anti-lock braking system (ABS)?
- The ABS is an electrical feature that is not functioning when you are towing the vehicle because the engine will not be running.